Sunday, October 20, 2013

UPDATES! and MARIHORN @SFW

O-M-G long time no see. I have been super busy to say the least. Two weeks ago I got pretty sick.  I had tonsillitis and had to go to the doctor a few times (time consuming, not fun). I've been writing a lot, working an a personal website, doing my day job and wasting time, *ahem* HAVING FUN playing around with my the ios app I'm currently obsessed with called cyberfm. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ




Back to Buisness.




I have an Announcement: I am super excited that I have started working with ROK Styles.  This is a fashion webzine based out of Seoul run by two super cool girls Danielle and Caroline!  They have had the site together about a year and it is really gaining in popularity.  I will be helping them out a on some videography work! Woop!




So October 18-23 is the official Seoul Fashion Week.  Today, Caroline of ROK Styles and myself headed over about 11:00 to check out the Thai MariHorn collection, appropriately titled "Fairest of Them All" .







The show: summing up the show in a few words: baby-fawn-snow-white-angry-demon-rich-girl-in fall.  Her collection brings out the envy, greed and beauty of the fairytale Snow White, for the mature woman, as opposed to the little girl.  The colors used in the collection were primarily deep in rich burgundies, blues, black and white.  The patterns were really lovely a sort of elegant but angry looking concept.  The models accessories included gold headpieces that resembled deer antlers and gold accessory statement necklaces and belts spelling out words including "envy", "bitch", "hate" and "truth".  There were also these elegant mirror earrings which I thought were unique and eye catching and would be a success in a variety of markets.








After the show the designer, Marisa Horn was kind enough to talk to me for a moment.  Want to see the interview?  You will just have to wait and check out ROKStyles where our full SFWSS2014 video will up posted!






Stay tuned for my review of the Wonder Anatomie and Kemissara shows~~~



xoxo Mari



View from the IFC Mall





No comments:

Post a Comment