Tuesday, October 1, 2013

LOWCLASSIC Spring Summer 2014 Collection

This Past Saturday Korean brand LOWCLASSIC showed their spring/summer 2014 collection.

Although the show was held separate from the rest of Seoul Fashion Week (SFW).  The official SFW website and Facebook page kept promoting the event, so I think they are related, haha.





You needed tickets for the show but luckily my roommate, Hyuna, works for LOWCLASSIC and hooked me up with a ticket +1




The show was Saturday at 4 so my friend Tony and I went together.  I wore a cropped spandex black turtleneck from American Apparel, a white Zara blazer, a black faux leather skirt and shoes from the streets of 홍대 with a brown leather Micheal Kors bag. Tony wore an 87mm white button down, black jeans and brown Doc Martins.






I had to work until 2:00 pm on Saturday, and the show was at 4.  It was at Choong Ang High School in 안국 which was in the back alley of a traditional part of town, it was super hard to find but with the help of an extremely nice old lady, we made it there.....just a few minutes late!


Ofcourse too, I forgot my camera and my phone died so i only have a few shots which Tony took.


The show was great. The location it was at was beautiful.  There was a super cool Korean indie band providing the music for the show.  They reminded me of something like Crystal Castles meets Best Coast meets the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.....if that makes sense.  The models included Jisoo Park, and Esom (이솜) and some of the guests at the show included the guys of 87mm (i SAW YOU THERE)


If I can describe the show in 1 word it would be "sleek" all the models had super straight blunt hair.  And all the clothes were very simple-yet chic kind of sleek.  A lot of grey and white. A lot of big black platform shoes.  The fact that it was lightly raining and the show was outside sort of added to it all making it a completely perfect experience for all the senses.  My favorite pieces were the white shirt with short shorts.  My least favorite were the sort of see through oversize shirt/dress things.  Particularly the red one that said Danger. Just a bit too much.


Video clip of the show (sorry for bad quality)



Tony and myself were the only foreigners at the show! hahaha! No one really seemed to notice  everyone was mesmerized about the show!


It was great! I wish I had more photos/videos! next time~ This blog is a work in progress



xoxo
Mari



No comments:

Post a Comment